A baluster jug from the Prinknash pottery. The Prinknash Pottery was founded in 1942 by the Benedictine monks, who live at the abbey, when they found a seam of clay during some building work. They continued to make pottery at the abbey in Gloucestershire until 1997 when it was sold to The Welsh Porcelain Company.
It has an attractive gunmetal grey lustre glaze and was almost certainly made in the 1970’s.
Dimensions: 15.5cmH x 9cmD